Friday, June 22, 2012

Yummy Dulce de Leche

A few years ago I had the pleasure of tasting homemade Dulce de Leche. I loved it. It had a smooth caramel flavor.  I never got the recipe.
 Since then I would go to the store and buy different brands that came in a can or a jar but they never tasted as good.
Then I went on Creating the Hive and came across Donna De Graws Blog about Dulce de Leche Bars. (yummy) Her blog led me to Your Home Based Mom Blog 
  http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/

In her blog she gives a recipe for Crock Pot Dulce de Leche.. I had to try it.

OMG!!!! 

Not only easy peasy but mmmmmmmmmm so good.... just as I remembered!!



As you see someone (ahem) has already tasted some.
Here is the recipe

2      14oz cans Sweetened Condensed Milk

                                               3      8 ounce jars with lid
                                               
                                               Crock Pot and water

Pour the SCM equally into jars. close tightly with lid
Put jars in crock pot and cover completely with water. (told you it was easy)
Place lid on crock pot
Put crock pot on Low and let cook for 10 hours
After 10 hours remove jars and open one to taste! mmmmmmmmmm
That's it!!

Thank you Donna De Graw and Home Based Mom!

www.craftnique.blogspot.com
www.Hermyacosta.stampinup.com
www.Craftnique.etsy.com

No comments: