Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gift Card Holders

These Gift Card holders sold pretty well at my craft show last weekend. Once customers realized what they were made from they were surprised.

Toilet Tissue Rolls!!  I have family and friends save paper towel and toilet tissue rolls for me. I figured I better do something with them and QUICK!!

 The first 12  rolls I used a bone folder and pushed down on the edges to flatten them....my arms were sore. Then I put them on a table and put heavy books on top to flatten them even more.
The next day I started to flatten more and all of a sudden I had this bright idea!!
I have a Big Shot!!!
Put those TP rolls 2 at a time through the Big Shot and roll a couple of times and Voila! 
Works great!

Some I made with pull out tags that hold the gift card and some I just put a small flap with velcro to open and close.

I used Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!. I found it easier to use Sticky Strip Tape to adhere the paper to the roll instead of using glue.
On one end of the roll I closed it using the Sticky Strip Tape and on the the opposite end I just inked the inside edges.
I stamped, embossed, added embellishments I had fun!

Paper measurements ( give or take as some rolls are smaller)  are   4 1/2" by 6"

 From this


to this




No comments: