Tuesday, November 25, 2014

pumpkin muffins easy peasy

If you are on Facebook you might have seen the recipe for the Pumpkin Muffins using a box of yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin.

I thought I would try it...... I used a box of Spice Cake Mix Instead of the Yellow Cake Mix with the can of pumpkin.  It is delicious and easy- peasy. I also tried it with a box of Carrot Cake Mix, it too was yummy.

Instead of the large muffin pan I used a mini muffin pan.

I also found it easier to empty the canned pumpkin into mixing bowl first and then gradually add the cake mix while stirring.

All you need to do is pre- heat oven to 350 degrees

Grease or oil muffin pan

In a large bowl,

Mix one box cake mix  and one can of canned pumpkin( I used Libbys)

Stir by hand until smooth

Spoon mix into muffin pan ( no need to worry how full. I filled each to top.)

Bake for 25 minutes

Remove from oven, let cool

Thats it!

makes 24 to 28 mini muffins

You can add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips if desired!!!

No comments: