Saturday, January 24, 2009

who am I?

January 24, 2009

I am originally a city girl from Northern California. My husband and I took our children and moved to this small coastal town in Central California 22 years ago. It took me awhile to get use to the slower pace but now I love it.

I have always been one to create/craft things. I like making things with my hands. Starting with nothing and then the final result...I love it. I have many interests. I cant stick with just one. I like to paint, sew, work with polymer clay, paper, jewelery etc. etc.

Recycle....been doing that all my life. My (German) mom, oma and my grandparents on my dads side taught me to reuse what you have. I made a lot of stuff with used cans, paper rolls, glass jars, sticks... LOL I wonder where they are now?

The Internet...interesting
I joined a craft Club, ( Creative Home Arts Club) a few years ago. I got on the Bulletin Boards and made many good friends on there. We share information, ideas and our lives. It is a fun group. We come from all over the States, Canada and all ages. We all inspire, motivate, and just are there for each other.From there I learned about a place to sell Handmade Products. Its called Etsy. While on Etsy I learned about another site that is still in Beta to sell handmade, its called Artfire. While on Etsy I also learned about MyCraft, its like MySpace( yes I have a MySpace too) only more for the crafter. I love that site too..

I opened a shop on Etsy and then on Artfire. Now my craft "studio" looks like.. well if you are a crafter then you know what it looks like. Thank goodness I have a door.

Here are the links to my shops.

www.Craftnique.etsy.com and www.Craftnique.artfire.com

I will end this for now. Stay tuned for more. Always check back. In the meantime
Have a Great Day
Hermy

No comments: