Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Old Town Sacramento Civil War Soldiers

For as long as I can remember I love anything related to the Civil War Era. Books, magazines, pictures, movies. I even have a Civil War Trading Card Collection. It isnt just the War itself that I find interesting  it's the way of life, the true story of real people. History! I dont understand how brother could fight against brother. Both my Great- Great Grandfathers fought...against each other only to become friends later in life! What can I say... I find the whole thing fasinating, I really do.

While walking around Old Town we decided we needed a break. It was getting hot so my family and I decdided to sit down and have an ice cream...mmm.
 
While we were enjoying our treats...I saw them! Northern Soldiers on horses coming towards us!!
OMG!! They pulled up next to us, got off their horses and walked up onto the sidewalk!! Was I happy??? Oh yeah!!!  REAL Soldiers from the Civil War!!!  ; )
 
I asked if I could have my picture taken with them.They said "You sure can" So I ended up with quite a few.  My son Erik said " My momma is so happy right now!"
YOU THINK??!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: