Sunday, September 16, 2012

Old Town

My husband and I have been traveling since Aug 1. We have been as far south as Oxnard,Ca. all the way up to Marysville Ca. and then over to Reno Nevada. The weather has been great. Hot days and warm evenings...my bones love this. I dont do well in cold weather.
 We have been to a Luau, Surprise Birthday Party, a Family Reunion, and visiting friends and family that we havent seen in a long time. Visiting old Historical towns and museums of all sorts.

One stop was at Old Town Sacramento Gold Rush Days. We saw Old fashioned trains, stage coaches, Civil War Soldiers ( more on that next blog!!) we walked along the River/Delta, walked on a Riverboat and sooo much more.




This Riverboat is a hotel!  Can you imagine what life was like traveling along the River!!  I would be happy. Such  peaceful surroundings.






Then we saw "REAL" cowboys and gunslingers!!
A shootout that nearly scared the you know what out of us!!
We saw men and women walking around in the dress of the 1800"s it made us wonder  how the people survived in the heat with the clothes they wore during that era.. Whew! Hot!!




 
 
 
 
 
 
more pictures coming soon of our day in Old town Sacramento!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

Boopnut said...

Looks like a very fun and interesting time. I decided I wouldn't want to live in those times.
Deb