Thursday, July 30, 2009

Huntington Beach and a Bicycle ride







Huntington Beach US OPEN
















My husband and I decided to visit our son in Huntington Beach over the weekend. What is normally a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive ended up being a 4 1/2 hour drive. Not only did we hit the friday trafffic in LA it was the US open Surf Competition in HB!!!!


My son lives about 6 blocks from the Beach so driving anywhere was out of the question. Instead we rode bikes! On Sat. we rode down to Main Street parked and locked our bikes and walked to the Pier. These pictures were taken while standing on the Pier. A lot of people, Vendors, Surfing , Volley Ball and great weather. It was a fun day.


I love to ride a bike, especially when the weather is nice. I am talking a nice slow pace ride. I have a cruiser bike. I see things that I normally wouldnt see when driving a car. I had a 10 speed but sold it. I never knew what gear I was in and I had trouble getting it in gear! LOL! Heck I had a sting ray bike while growing up!!! Pop a wheelie..yeah!! Ok cant pop a wheelie with my cruiser bike and probably wouldnt be able to now anyway but hey.... I am happy with my bike and it even has a basket on the back!!!

No comments: