Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Aluminum Can ACEO/ATC

Heidi Borchers shared some ideas using aluminum cans on http://www.cool2craft.com/. She cut the can with a pair of scissors, how easy peasy is that!?  So I started collecting cans. I washed  and dried them and then I cut the cans just like Heidi  said to do.  I put the cut pieces in their own special box.
In the chat room on cool2craft someone said you can use a punch!!!!   : 0
I got out my butterfly punch and started punching out butterflies!! It was cool! I had colorful butterflies on my craft table!
I used my Texture Boutique and started embossing small square pieces, then big pieces and THEN  I got out my alcohol inks... oh my I was on a roll.. What fun!
I made an ATC for a swap group that is hosted by Lisa Fulmer on http://www.facebook.com/#!/LisaLizaLou

Then I made an ACEO and listed it on my Etsy http://www.craftnique.etsy.com/
I am liking this aluminum..............

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love the little silver butterflys on the ATC. I have punched red, white, & blue pepsi cans for July 4th cards (stars). I haven't tried embossing metal tho. thanks for reminding me to use this valuable (and free) material.

Tiffany Windsor said...

Thanks for the mention Crafnique! We LOVE what you did with Heidi's Soda Cans! Super cool way to recycle! Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany Windsor
www.cool2craft.com

Anonymous said...

Exceptional undertaking! I had been recently trying to find topics as interesting as these. Looking towards your following post.

Anonymous said...

Great article. Many thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Many thanks for this particular article! It had been very helpful.